The Assistant Store Manager will be responsible for supporting the store manager in the daily business operations of the store. This includes training and supervising employees, managing inventory levels, ensuring a safe, clean and aesthetically pleasing store environment and handling any other task assigned by the store manager. The Assistant Store Manager will interact with customers and assume a high level of responsiblitiy for promptly addressing and resolving customers complaints.
To be successful as an Assistant Store Manager you should have strong leadership and decision-making skills. An outstanding candidate will also demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
In the main your role will be primarily, but not exclusively, that of:
Qualification & Skills Requirement
- Maintain the appearance of the store as well as the quality and variety of the product offerings of the store.
- Ensure the store is fully stocked and displays are appealing. Ensure products are properly stored and rotated.
- Ensure an exceptional customer experience. Interact with customers and build relationships with them while ensuring their needs are being met.
- Maintain an awareness and promote all promotions, advertisements and GWP Rewards loyalty program.
- Implement creative ways to deliver an exceptional retail customer experience.
- Coach and support team members to help them meet departmental goals.
- Resolve complex customer and staff issues or disputes in a professional manner
- Become an expert in Retail Management Hero.
- Participate in departmental meetings to ensure the team is knowledgeable about the current issues/tasks within the department and create a harmonious working environment.
- Conduct Inventory Audits and develop a cycle count plan, working with Inventory Control to ensure shrink is minimal and inventory is accurately reflected in the system. Investigate and explain all discrepancies or variances from audits of inventory.
- Create pricing activities including price changes as required to sell products before the expiration date with signage.
- Detect and correct pricing anomalies.
- Execute daily opening and closing procedures per established security guidelines e.g. closing cash pans, and opening and closing entrances and exits. Troubleshoot any issues with daily reconciliation.
- Have and maintain knowledge of company products and procedures.
- Implement any activity, process or strategy that will improve the competitive advantage of the store, in consultation with the Senior Management Team.
- Ensuring the maintenance of the good name and reputation of Greenwood Plaza Company Limited in general ands through the demonstration and practice of the highest standards of ethical conduct.
- To abide by the disciplinary code of the company.
- Ability to work overtime if the need arises.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Business or related field.
- Minimum of one (5) year experience in a retail or consumer trade.
- High level of customer service skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize projects and clearly communicate direction internally and externally.
- Be self-motivated and resourceful.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of associates and customers ranging from entry-level to executive-level positions.
- Demonstrated leadership and the ability to develop positive interdepartmental relationships.
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. Knowledge or experience working with Retail Management Hero or Microsoft Dyamics RMS will be considered an asset.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, often with competing deadlines.
- Strong problem solving and collaboration skills.
Please note that we appreciate all application. However, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.