The Cashier is expected to manage all transactions with customers accurately and efficiently. Cashier responsibilities include receiving payments and issuing receipts, keeping track of all cash and credit transactions.
Duties & Responsibilities
In the main your role will be primarily, but not exclusively, that of:
Qualification & Skills Requirement
- Process daily monetary transactions from customers including cash, credit and debit cards payments in accordance with established procedures.
- Reconcile transactions on a daily basis.
- Provides a positive customer experience with fair, friendly, and courteous service.
- Operate point-of-sale cash register, credit card, and other job related equipment.
- Maintains organized files/records
- Resolve customer complaints, guide them and provide relevant information.
- Maintain clean and tidy workstation.
- Assist with the sales and merchandising activities when not attending to cashier duties.
- Ability to work overtime if the need arises.
- Strict adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Minimum 5 CSEC passes including Mathematics or Accounts and English Language.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a similar capacity.
- Able to work quickly and accurately.
- Highly skilled in cashiering procedures and techniques.
- Skilled in arithmetic and basic bookkeeping
- Very Analytical with keen attention to detail.
- High level of customer service skills.
- Ability to use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess an energetic, outgoing and friendly demeanor
- Experience working in a Hardware, Home Improvement, Construction or Retail environment is considered an asset.
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Please note that we appreciate all application. However, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.