The Deli Associate is responsible for preparing, packaging and serving deli products to customers while maintaining high standards of hygiene and an attractive work area.
Duties & Responsibilities
In the main your role will be primarily, but not exclusively, that of:
Qualification & Skills Requirement
- Prepare sandwiches, hot dogs, burgers, smoothies, juices and other quick meals.
- Ensure proper display of items sold in the Deli and on the menu board at all times.
- Ensure that the Deli is stocked with relevant items at all times.
- Actively participate in promoting and increasing sales of the items sold in the Deli.
- Perform daily housekeeping activities and ensuring that the Deli area is kept in clean, neat and orderly condition.
- Ensure proper rotation of stock and conduct physical inventory counts as required.
- Adheres to company rules, policies and procedures.
- Work overtime if the need arises.
- Any other duties assigned.
- High School Diploma and/or Vocational training.
- Must possess a Food Handlers Permit.
- Minimum of two (2) year experience in a similar role.
- Experience working in a Supermarket or Retail environment is considered an asset.
- Good stamina and energy with the ability to stand for many hours.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and people skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and manuals.
- Strong ability to organize and multitask.
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- High levels of creativity, initiative, integrity, flexibility and dependability.
Please note that we appreciate all application. However, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.