The E-Commerce & Digital Marketing Associate is responsible for the development and execution of all digital marketing campaigns and activities that drive brand awareness and generate leads; the role also has oversight for the company’s websites and will work alongside company approved third parties to execute website development and maintenance tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities
In the main your role will be primarily, but not exclusively, that of:
- To define, plan and execute the digital strategy for the company.
- Develop and activate digital marketing strategies and campaigns for customer acquisition, customer engagement and retention.
- Evaluate campaigns to meet the set objectives and analyze performance on the media campaigns.
- Email Marketing Calendar and creation of campaigns.
- Social Media Calendar and management of stories, posts, videos, etc.
- Manage advertising spend against budget, keep accurate records and highlight where variances occur.
- Search Engine Optimization, Pay-Per-Click (PPC) campaigns, Mobile Marketing (includes app-based, in-game, location-based and SMS marketing).
- Development, monitoring and management of landing pages, lead forms, e-brochures, newsletters, email marketing and all other online content needed.
- SEM analysis, relevant marketing and competitive analysis.
- Make recommendations for new marketing/advertising/promotional activities based on the data collected from market research and analysis.
- Responsible for all Social Media initiatives and the syndication of all listings on the various available sites and platforms.
- Communicate with clients, affiliate networks and partners.
- Conduct keyword research and web statistics reporting.
- The incumbent will have oversight of the company's websites, ensuring maintenance to company standards.
- Manage the outsourcing of website development and maintenance requirements including updates, new buildouts, troubleshooting and optimization.
- Overall project management of company websites including: Working alongside Web Developer to identify overall project deliverables, ensuring milestones and key activities are progressing. Rigorous follow ups and updates to be shared to ensure:
- Programming of the websites is in accordance with accepted industry best practice.
- Consistent look and feel, highly usable and compliant with accessibility requirements.
- Management of overall content in an efficient, consistent, and accurate manner. Ensuring no typos or incorrect information with adequate approvals and quality checks at every phase of site updates.
- The websites are responsive across all touch points.
- Content management and curation on company websites.
- Product and image management for the web catalog.
- Implementing markdowns and price changes online.
- Management of all online queries, leads, and mentions – inclusive of responding and disseminating to relevant team members.
- Coordinating fulfillment and customer service-related inquiries and orders.
- Inventory management.
Qualification & Skills Requirement
- Assist with marketing, advertising and promotional activities as required.
- Research, analyze and evaluate trends and market changes.
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans.
- Provides timely feedback to management regarding advertising performance.
- Adheres to all Company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes.
- Perform other marketing and related duties as required.
Please note that we appreciate all application. However, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- An Associate Degree in related field. Credentials/certifications in web development and digital media would be an asset.
- Minimum of three (2) years experience in similar field, with an established track record of achievement.
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrable experience leading, managing and optimizing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, display advertising campaigns, landing pages and user funnels.
- Strong understanding of market dynamics and requirements; Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement.
- Must be able to translate customer insights and trends into successful digital marketing campaigns.
- High degree of creativity to find new and compelling ways to reach and communicate with customers.
- IT proficiency to include Microsoft Office applications, Social Media platforms, Google Ads, Google Analytics, Adobe Suite (especially Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator), etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics RMS and/ or Retail Management Hero will be considered an asset.
- Strong analytical skills for reporting with a keen eye for detail and a strategic thinker with an understanding of the dynamics of retail and supply chain management.
- Excellent digital copywriting, content marketing and verbal communication skills.
- Hands on and proactive in approach to job, with the ability to achieve and surpass set objectives.
- Strong follow up skills, ability to multi-task and time management skills.
- Be honest and trustworthy and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrate sound work ethics.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude towards learning.
- Experience working in a Hardware, Home Improvement, Construction, Supermarket or Retail environment is considered an asset.