Merchandiser is to ensure that products are in their correct positions at all times, in the right quantities and proper quality. The Merchandiser should build displays and erect promotional signs and special shelves for their products.
Duties & Responsibilities
In the main your role will be primarily, but not exclusively, that of:
Qualification & Skills Requirement
- Packing, pulling, unloading, loading, receiving, transferring and storing of goods.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing friendly customer service; acknowledging every customer and maintaining solid product knowledge.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock.
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising and displays.
- Aid customers in locating merchandise.
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Assist in completing price changes within the department.
- Ensure that all expired and bad goods are stored in their designated area, sorted by the correct vendor and properly labelled with relevant details to include whether or not they have been written off, etc.
- Participate in inventory count.
- Assist in sweeping, mopping, dusting and general cleaning of the Supermarket in the evenings and as necessary.
- Work overtime if the need arises.
- Lift boxes and some heavy objects from area to area.
- Minimum 3 CSEC passes.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a similar role.
- High level of customer service skills.
- Experience working in a Supermarket or Retail environment is considered an asset.
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Please note that we appreciate all application. However, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.