The Assistant Warehouse Supervisor is in charge for assisting the warehouse manager/supervisor on supervisory work and general warehouse operations. The assistant warehouse supervisor is responsible for daily activities of the warehouse, including shipping, receiving, superving employees, maintenance and keeping work areas organized, inventory and complete accurate warehouse reports for senior management. Coordinate training of new employees and ensure that current employees are receiving ongoing training. The ideal candidate is comfortable working on their feet.
Duties & Responsibilities
In the main your role will be primarily, but not exclusively, that of:
Qualification & Skills Requirement
- Supervise the warehouse team to ensure a productive, organized and safe operating environment.
- Receives and organizes new inventory as it arrives at our warehouse from suppliers; inspects and stores goods to prevent damage or loss.
- Checking orders, bills, items received, inventory, and deliveries for accuracy.
- Conducts physical inventory (cycle counts), compares results to computerized inventory, and works with Supply Chain Manager to reconcile any differences.
- Replenishes stock and inventory as needed.
- Ensures that all stock is stored in correct locations in the warehouse.
- Transfers inventory to trucks for delivery in a timely manner and according to schedule.
- Schedules materials being transferred to and from warehouse; coordinates transfer of inventory.
- Implement procedures/systems to mitigate against stock variances and damaged products
- Collaborates with other departments and stakeholders to develop strategic plans and procedures to increase the efficiency of warehouse practices.
- Monitors expenditures; implements corrective actions if needed.
- Maintaining records, reporting relevant information, and preparing any necessary documentation.
- Ensuring basic maintenance standards and compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Performing a daily inspection of the warehouse grounds.
- Assist with coordinating and maintaining fleets and equipment.
- Communicating and coordinating with other departments and customers.
- Coach and support team members to help them meet departmental goals.
- Resolve complex customer and staff issues or disputes in a professional manner
- Participate in departmental meetings to ensure the team is knowledgeable about the current issues/tasks within the department and create a harmonious working environment.
- Have and maintain knowledge of company products and procedures.
- Implement any activity, process or strategy that will improve the competitive advantage of the store, in consultation with the Senior Management Team.
- Ensuring the maintenance of the good name and reputation of Greenwood Plaza Company Limited in general ands through the demonstration and practice of the highest standards of ethical conduct.
- To abide by and enforce the employee handbook and disciplinary code of the company.
- Ability to work overtime if the need arises.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school dimploma or relevant certification in related field.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- High level of customer service skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Time management skills and the ability to delegate.
- Ability to prioritize projects and clearly communicate direction internally and externally.
- Be self-motivated and resourceful.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of associates and customers ranging from entry-level to executive-level positions.
- Demonstrated leadership and the ability to develop positive interdepartmental relationships.
- Proficieny in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, often with competing deadlines.
- Strong problem solving and collaboration skills.
Please note that we appreciate all application. However, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.