The Warehouse Assistant will participate in our warehouse operations and activities. This includes storing and processing orders or products. They are responsible for receiving and processing of incoming stock and picking orders from the warehouse stock. The goal is to increase efficiency while preventing losses and contributing to an overall excellent customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities
In the main your role will be primarily, but not exclusively, that of:
Qualification & Skills Requirement
- Lift boxes and some heavy objects from area to area; packing, pulling, unloading, loading, receiving, transferring and storing of goods and hardware materials.
- Ensure customer’s order are picked, carried to delivery area in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Loading and unloading the truck, delivering equipment or products to customers and clients, helping drivers navigate to each destination on schedule, and recording delivery logs.
- Pads, stacks, and secures items in position on truck to prevent damage during shipment.
- Ensure the careful handling of stock and equipment in compliance with safety regulations.
- Reporting any damages that may occur.
- Perform daily housekeeping activities and ensuring that the warehouse is kept in clean, neat and orderly condition.
- Assist in keeping trucks clean and tidy in preparation for other colleagues’ use.
- Coordinate with other team members and perform tasks.
- Ensure proper rotation of stock and conduct physical inventory counts as required.
- Adheres to company rules, policies and procedures.
- Work overtime if the need arises.
- Any other duties assigned
- High School Diploma or Vocational training.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards safety rules and general safety training would be an asset.
- Experience working in a Warehouse, Hardware, Construction or Retail environment is considered an asset.
- Good physical strength and stamina with the ability to stand, walk, and bend for many hours.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, climb ladders and work at particular heights.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and people skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and manuals.
- Strong ability to organize and multitask.
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- High levels of initiative, integrity, flexibility and dependability.
Special Conditions associated with the job
- Ability to work on a shift system, weekends and public holidays.
- Ability to lift heavy equipment, stand or be in other physically demanding positions for long periods of time.
Please note that we appreciate all application. However, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.