The Maintenance Associate is responsible for maintaining a cleanly facility by completing a variety of cleaning tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities
In the main your role will be primarily, but not exclusively, that of:
- Ensuring that the store is kept in clean and orderly condition and by sweeping, mopping and dusting as necessary.
- Remove debris from store front and sidewalks.
- Cleans, Dusts and polish furniture & fixtures, walls, and equipment.
- Regularly wash the windows and clean glass surfaces with care.
- Scrubs, sanitizes, and supplies restroom facilities.
- Performs heavy cleaning duties.
- Mixes cleaning solutions and chemicals in containers in preparation for cleaning, according to instructions.
- Gather and empty trash and recycling bins.
- Ensure the plants are watered and trimmed.
- Performs routine maintenance activities.
- Follows procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power machinery to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Lift boxes and some heavy objects from area to area; Packing, pulling, unloading, loading, receiving, transferring and storing of goods.
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising and displays.
- Manages inventory of cleaning supplies and participate in general inventory counts
- Coordinate with other workers and perform tasks.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Notifies managers regarding the need for repairs.
- Work overtime if the need arises.
Qualification & Skills Requirement
- Minimum 3 CSEC passes or Vocational training.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of standard cleaning methods and procedures.
- Background in handling, mixing, and using cleaning chemicals.
- Experience with using cleaning equipment, including vacuum cleaners, floor buffers, and cleaning solutions.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards safety rules.
- Good physical strength and stamina with the ability to stand, walk, and bend for many hours.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, climb ladders and work at particular heights.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and people skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and manuals.
- A general sense of cleanliness.
- Strong ability to organize and multitask.
- Experience working in a Supermarket or Retail environment is considered an asset.
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Please note that we appreciate all application. However, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.