Sales Associate is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per company standards generating sales, merchandising and safe guarding company assets.
Duties & Responsibilities
In the main your role will be primarily, but not exclusively, that of:
Qualification & Skills Requirement
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly interaction and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Drives sales through engagement of customers, suggestive selling, and sharing product knowledge.
- Serves customers by escorting them to shelves/ counters and helping them select products.
- Actively seek out new customer by networking and cold calling.
- Maintain an awareness and promote all promotions, advertisements and GWP Rewards loyalty program.
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock.
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising and display.
- Aid customers in locating merchandise.
- Communicate customer request to management.
- Assist with completing price changes within the department.
- If and when an inventory count arises your participation is required.
- Make bill at the register, after billing the customer, goods should be taken to the delivery area for check off and ready for customer to collect.
- Ability to work overtime if the need arises.
- Minimum 5 CSEC passes.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a Sales or Customer Service role.
- High level of customer service skills.
- Ability to use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working in a Hardware, Home Improvement, Construction or Retail environment is considered an asset.
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Please note that we appreciate all application. However, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.